The Jedi are one of the primary factions of the Star Wars Saga, and the main protagonist force of the entire franchise. The Jedi were first introduced in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, after most of the Jedi had been destroyed, and continued to play a role in the rest of the original trilogy. The Jedi Order itself was introduced in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, with the prequel trilogy charting the fall of the Jedi. The Jedi also played an active role in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, while survivors of the Jedi massacre will be featured in Star Wars Rebels. The Jedi will likely continue to play a role in the sequel trilogy.
The Jedi are based heavily on eastern philosophies and were inspired by the ancient Samurai. The popularity of the Jedi has even inspired a real world religion called Jediism.
Film and TV appearancesEdit
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Rebels
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (First canon appearance)
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi