Carrie Fisher is an American actress and writer best known for her portrayal of Princess Leia Organa in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, and Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. She also played the role in The Star Wars Holiday Special, and she has announced that she will be returning to the role in Star Wars Episode VII.
Outside of Star Wars, Fisher is known for her best-selling novel Postcards from the Edge, and she later wrote the screenplay for the film of the same name. She also has a one-woman play called Wishful Drinking, which serves as an autobiography.
Involvement in upcoming projectsEdit
Rumors about a future appearance by Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia have persisted for decades, ever since the sequel trilogy was first talked about after the release of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
After the announcement of Star Wars Episode VII and the rest of the trilogy on October 30, 2012, much attention has focused on whether Fisher, as well as Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill, would return to her original trilogy role. While there has yet to be a confirmation, Hamill has acknowledged that The Walt Disney Company and Lucasfilm Ltd. have been talking to the actors, and that Lucas informed him and Fisher, prior to the announcement of the new films, that the sequel trilogy would be made. Lucas himself has said that the studio is negotiating with them, and that he believes Fisher and the others will return.
For her part, Fisher has stated that she will be returning for Episode VII.
Princess Leia's roleEdit
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Complete History of the Sequel Trilogy: Episodes VII, VIII and IX on The Secret History of Star Wars website
- ↑ DISNEY TO ACQUIRE LUCASFILM LTD. on The Walt Disney Company.com
- ↑ Mark Hamill on 'Star Wars: Episode VII': 'They're talking to us' on EntertainmentWeekly.com
- ↑ Mark Hamill weighs in on the future of 'Star Wars' -- EXCLUSIVE on EntertainmentWeekly.com
- ↑ How Disney Bought Lucasfilm—and Its Plans for 'Star Wars' on Bloomberg Businessweek
- ↑ Carrie Fisher confirms 'Star Wars: Episode VII' return on Zap2It