- "We're doomed!"
C-3PO (portrayed by Anthony Daniels) is a major supporting character in all six-live action Star Wars films, as well as Star Wars: The Clone Wars. He was first introduced in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, and has since become one of only two characters (the other being R2-D2) to be portrayed by the same actor in all six movies. C-3PO returned for Star Wars Episode VII and Star War Episode VIII
Fictionally, C-3PO was a protocol droid built by Anakin Skywalker before the events of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. After Anakin left to become a Jedi, 3PO remained with Anakin's mother and her new family, before Anakin retrieved him ten years later. He went on to serve Senator Padmé Amidala before her death, when his memories of the end of the Republic, Anakin's fall to the dark side, and the birth of Anakin and Padmé's children were wiped. He became a protocol droid on Alderaan and eventually a member of the Rebel Alliance, after being purchased by Luke Skywalker. He was present at the Battle of Yavin, the Battle of Hoth, and the escape from Cloud City, and he assisted in the rescue of Han Solo and the Battle of Endor.
Official canon appearancesEdit
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Rebels
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (First canon appearance)
- Star Wars
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars Epside VIII: The Last Jedi